Our Youth Group is for teens ages 14-18. They meet every Sunday morning at 10:30am in the Youth Room.
Youth at Neighbourhood create their own program with the help of the Youth Advisor, Melanie Warren.
Activities our youth might choose to do could include:
- Fun events, trips and activities like bowling, baking or camping
- Social action projects like a clothing drive, or volunteering in a soup kitchen
- Learning about different religious traditions and beliefs from around the world
- Attending regional or national UU youth conferences or leadership training
- Participating in the Our Whole Lives healthy sexuality education program
- Assisting in our programs for younger children
About our Youth Advisor:
Melanie (pronouns: they/them/their) is a recent social work graduate from Mississauga. They are excited to join the Neighbourhood community as a new Youth Group Advisor! On non-group days, you can find them navigating this transitional period of their life: volunteering in the LGBTQ community, listening to and making music, thinking about fashion, and taking Netflix recommendations from friends.