Our Youth Group is for teens ages 14-18. The Youth Group meets four Sundays a month, varying between Sundays and weekdays.
Youth at Neighbourhood create their own program with the help of the Youth Advisor, Melanie Warren and Assistant Advisor, Cole Preston.
Activities our youth might choose to do could include:
- Fun events, trips and activities like bowling, baking or camping
- Social action projects like a clothing drive, or volunteering in a soup kitchen
- Learning about different religious traditions and beliefs from around the world
- Attending regional or national UU youth conferences or leadership training
- Participating in the Our Whole Lives healthy sexuality education program
- Assisting in our programs for younger children
About our Youth Facilitators:
Melanie (pronouns: they/them/their) is a recent social work graduate from Mississauga. They are excited to join the Neighbourhood community as a new Youth Group Advisor! On non-group days, you can find them navigating this transitional period of their life: volunteering in the LGBTQ community, listening to and making music, thinking about fashion, and taking Netflix recommendations from friends.
Cole is interested in drawing, reading, cooking, collecting vinyl, listening to music, playing video games, watching sports (principally Hockey, NFL Football and Soccer), hanging out with friends and meeting new people. He will be studying Game Art And Design studies in September at Centennial College.