Our Youth Group is for teens ages 14-18. The Youth Group meets on the second and fourth Sunday of each month, from 10:30am-12:00pm.
Youth at Neighbourhood create their own program with the help of the Youth Facilitator, Yvette Roberts.
Activities our youth might choose to do could include:
- Fun events, trips and activities like bowling, baking or camping
- Social action projects like a clothing drive, or volunteering in a soup kitchen
- Learning about different religious traditions and beliefs from around the world
- Attending regional or national UU youth conferences or leadership training
- Participating in the Our Whole Lives healthy sexuality education program
- Assisting in our programs for younger children
About our Youth Facilitator:
Yvette Roberts comes from a social work background and has many years of experience working with youth, including leading the Grade 7-9 Our Whole Lives healthy sexuality program a number of times. Yvette strives to create a youth-friendly space where young people feel they are respected and their voices are heard. To learn more, contact Yvette at firstname.lastname@example.org